The Beacon staff is comprised of Wilkes University students who are advised by a full-time faculty member of the Communication Studies Department.
The Beacon was established in 1936 and has published continuously. It is one of the only college newspapers in the nation to have all of its issues archived online. These issues date to 1934 with the Bison Stampede, the predecessor to The Beacon. The Beacon's website consistently receives over 5,000 hits per issue.
The newspaper has been recognized by the Associated Collegiate Press, the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association and favorably reviewed by several regional and national organizations.
Our offices are located at 130 South River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18766 on the first floor.
Find out more about Wilkes University at wilkes.edu